Today’s episode is all about how to pitch yourself as a guest on podcasts. I’ve been asked about this a ton in my DMs, so I share my experience of being a guest on other podcasts and the benefits of exposing myself to new audiences. Positioning your business in a place that allows you to be seen for months and years to come in podcasts episodes can make a huge impact. I also share six tips on how to pitch yourself. In sharing these tips, I use both the perspective of pitching myself and being pitched to by others wanting to be a guest on Radical Disruption.
I walk through the different reasons I believe being a podcast guest is so powerful:
- Expand your reach
- Networking opportunities
- Credibility and authority
- Brand exposure
- Learning experience
- Thought leadership
- Engaging with potential fans and community
Six tips on how to pitch yourself:
- Posting and showing up consistently on your own social media
- Research the podcast
- Send examples of past podcasts or long form content you have done
- Are you an expert in what it is you do? Share info on yourself, why you are beneficial to their podcast
- Pitch to be on a podcast that is going to be beneficial for you and not just the host
- Make sure you follow up if you don’t get a response
Resources & Links:
- IG University
- Kajabi 30 day free trial + 20 free story templates
- Around the Clock Masterclass
- List Building 101
- 100 Hook Ideas – FREE GUIDE
Connect with Mya:
Some of the links mentioned are affiliate links, which helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
More about the Radical Disruption podcast:
Are you wanting to make waves in your industry, push the envelope, and change the way things are done in a radical way? Are you looking for tangible, tactical, and actionable steps that will help you build a sustainable business that stands out? You’re in the right place!
Radical Disruption is home to the disrupters. Here you’ll learn how to take your business to the next level, break the status quo, and build a disruptive business.
Nursing student turned business and social media expert, host Mya Nichol (hey that’s me!) shares the real and raw of the crazy journey of entrepreneurship and building a multi-six figure business.
Through solo episodes and special guest interviews, you can expect honest conversations around throwing out the traditional way of business, scaling in a sustainable way, and becoming the go to expert in your industry. It’s time to build a disruptive business. See you on Tuesdays!
Make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode!