This episode is the second episode of a 3-part series about learning Instagram. Today is all about busting myths. Specifically, I’m busting 14 myths (plus a bonus!) that I see and hear often about Instagram.
In this episode about learning Instagram part 2: the myths are:
- You have to post daily to stay relevant
- The shadow ban
- Switching to a business account hurts your engagement
- You have to reply to all direct messages or else you’re penalized
- Instagram only shows your post to 7% of people
- You are penalized for leading people off of the Instagram platform
- You are penalized for using all 30 hashtags
- There’s no different between hashtags in the captions vs. hashtags in the comments
- You can hack the algorithm
- You are penalized for editing a caption after posting
- You are penalized If you delete a reel and then repost it
- Brand partnerships and tagging accounts hurt how your content/account is ranked on IG
- Reposted content from feed to stories decreases story views
- Who you follow on Instagram affects who can find your content on Instagram and who the algorithm shows your content to
- What you see on your explore page affects what explore pages you show up on
Resources & Links:
Connect with Mya:
- Ep 14: Learning Instagram part 1: the algorithm
- Ep 11: Building a tight-knit community on IG w/ Nicole Jaques
- Ep 5: 10 quick tips you can apply to your Instagram
More about the Radical Disruption podcast:
Are you wanting to make waves in your industry, push the envelope, and change the way things are done in a radical way? Are you looking for tangible, tactical, and actionable steps that will help you build a sustainable business that stands out? You’re in the right place!
Radical Disruption is home to the disrupters. Here you’ll learn how to take your business to the next level, break the status quo, and build a disruptive business.
Nursing student turned business and social media expert, host Mya Nichol (hey that’s me!) shares the real and raw of the crazy journey of entrepreneurship and building a multi-six figure business.
Through solo episodes and special guest interviews, you can expect honest conversations around throwing out the traditional way of business, scaling in a sustainable way, and becoming the go to expert in your industry. It’s time to build a disruptive business. See you on Tuesdays!
Make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode!