This episode is the first episode of a 3-part series about learning Instagram. Today I’m going to dive into the algorithm because there are a lot of misconceptions out there. All of this information comes directly from Instagram or Adam Mosseri (the head of Instagram), so not just speculations or my opinions, but straight from the source. This is obviously very valuable information to know, not only as a consumer of content on Instagram, but also as a creator of content on Instagram.
In this episode about learning Instagram part 1: the algorithm, we cover:
- The different types of algorithms within Instagram
- The different signals each algorithm is looking at
- The main interactions that each algorithm is looking at
- My takeaways on all of the algorithms for you as a content creator and business owner
Resources & Links:
- Follow Adam Mosseri on Instagram @mosseri
- Follow The Creators on Instagram @creators
- Article from Adam: Shedding More Light on How Instagram Works
- Creators Algorithm Truths + Tips
- IG University
- 100 Hook Ideas – FREE GUIDE
Connect with Mya:
- Ep 5: 10 quick tips you can apply to your Instagram
- Ep 11: Building a tight-knit community on IG w/ Nicole Jaques
More about the Radical Disruption podcast:
Are you wanting to make waves in your industry, push the envelope, and change the way things are done in a radical way? Are you looking for tangible, tactical, and actionable steps that will help you build a sustainable business that stands out? You’re in the right place!
Radical Disruption is home to the disrupters. Here you’ll learn how to take your business to the next level, break the status quo, and build a disruptive business.
Nursing student turned business and social media expert, host Mya Nichol (hey that’s me!) shares the real and raw of the crazy journey of entrepreneurship and building a multi-six figure business.
Through solo episodes and special guest interviews, you can expect honest conversations around throwing out the traditional way of business, scaling in a sustainable way, and becoming the go to expert in your industry. It’s time to build a disruptive business. See you on Tuesdays!
Make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode!